After update from Windows 8.0 to Windows 8.1 I found that .NET Framework 1.1 was unexpectedly disappeared. Here I give you the tested way to return it back:
- Download .NET Framework Cleanup Tool (product guide here) from following locations: here or here
- Unzip and run following commands:
cleanup_tool.exe /q:a /c:"cleanup.exe /p .NET Framework 1.0" cleanup_tool.exe /q:a /c:"cleanup.exe /p .NET Framework 1.1"
- Following instructions were taken from here:
- Create a new folder named DotNet in C:\ drive. (The path i used was C:\DotNet)
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package (dotnetfx.exe). Make sure the setup file is saved as dotnetfx.exe.
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe). Rename the file to dotnetfxsp1.exe.
- Copy both installation files into the same directory (i.e. C:\DotNet),.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Change to the directory where the two installation files are stored, ie C:\DotNet.
- Run the following commands one by one:
dotnetfx.exe /c:"msiexec.exe /a netfx.msi TARGETDIR=C:\DotNet" dotnetfxsp1.exe /Xp:C:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp msiexec.exe /a c:\DotNet\netfx.msi /p c:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp
- Install Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 with slipstreamed Service Pack 1 by running netfx.msi from the working folder.